Let’s face it; security for home owners is one of the most vexing aspects of home keeping. With the economy still in the doldrums the rate of insecurity especially in residential areas seems not to abate. Simple crimes in homes sometimes turn fatal and take years to resolve and this exacerbates your fear as a home owner.
Statistics on Home Security
Burglaries are now an everyday occurrence with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) reckoning that one of these crimes occurs every 14.6 seconds. 60% of these crimes happen during the day meaning you are most likely to be out.
The same report by FBI reckons a home without a security system is 300% more likely to be broken into. In short a home security system is indispensable for your home.
Home Security Providers
The fact that modern technology has been fused into security systems means you need the best service provider working for you. There are hundreds of security companies offering myriad services and they offer a unique edge over managing your own system.
These companies have professional security personnel that offer you:
- Experience and skills: In order for any security system to work those developing,installing and managing it have to be skilled. An established company provides highly trained technicians who ensure the system they install works.
- Technical expertise: Advances in modern technology have been incorporated into security systems and you need to benefit from these. Using a professional security company ensures you enjoy cutting edge technology such as remote surveillance, geo-fencing among others.
- 24/7 monitoring: When working with a reliable home security company, your property’s security will be monitored around the clock and any unusual activity will be responded to promptly.
- Cost savings: With a dependable company overseeing your home security, insurance companies are ready to offer better home insurance deals.
Simply put a company that offers you peace of mind while at the same time avoiding damage to your property. It is able to offer professional customer support at any time to guarantee your safety.
Selecting the Best Home Security provider
Due to security concerns, there is a proliferation of security providers in every city. However you should be guided by these factors when contracting one of these:
- Licensing and registration: Licensed professionals have to be trained and certified and hence look for a company that shows you proof of its licensing.
- Employee qualifications: Ensure you check that the technicians who install your security system are trained and certified by Electronic Security Association’s (ESA) National Training School (NTS).
- Evaluate work experience: You shouldonly contract a company that has a long history in the industry and a lot of success. Visit your crime prevention unit to learn about security companies that are successful in your city.
- Industry affiliations: A reliable company should be affiliated to bodies such as ESA, NFPA among others. These bodies are in the forefront of integrating new technology in home security.
To get the best home security company, look at consumer resources such as ESA and also seek referrals from other home owners. In addition, read testimonials and scrutinize the contract keenly to ensure they offer what you want.